2010年8月29日星期日

Haynesworth says he and Shanahan headed for dinner, cigars

It’s hard to imagine bygones can actually turn into bygones for Albert Haynesworth(notes) and Mike Shanahan.
But that is what the defensive lineman would like you to believe after the Washington Redskins topped the New York Jets 16-11 Friday night at the New Meadowlands Stadium in the third preseason game for both teams.
Haynesworth was used with the starting defense for the nfl jerseys first time in his bizarre training camp, and instead of playing nose tackle exclusively like he dreaded during the offseason, he was used for a good deal of the time at right end.
“That’s just our scheme, the way we do stuff. We’ve been practicing that for a while,” Haynesworth said, according to John Keim of the Washington Examiner, who was kind enough to offer up a transcription of the postgame chat. “I’ve been doing a lot of walk-throughs and stuff like that after practice with the coaches, so that was the first time getting live action.
“Any time you suit up you’ve got to take it serious. I’m just really right now just trying to get down to getting that end and the 3-4 defense down to where I can be dominant in it and just play my best.
“My body feels great as far as the wind and the power and everything. I just kind of Buccaneers #99 jersey got to get my balance moving sideways and holding my gap and things like that. In the 3-4 you’ve really got to hold your gap. You can, like a 4-3, the linebackers can cover you and stuff like that, but in the 3-4, you have your gap, and if you don’t have your gap then the ball can cut in there.”
Haynesworth and Shanahan were talking before the game when a ball cam whizzing by and nearly hit the coach in the noggin. Haynesworth said he saved the coach from getting killed. So are they buddies now?
“Yeah, I mean, I’m going over to dinner at his house probably tonight, and we’re gonna have a cigar and talk,” Haynesworth joked.
But in all seriousness, the player who a week ago popped off about having to play with the reserves in the third quarter of nfl jersey sale a preseason game is now saying that everything is cool for him with the organization he wanted to be traded away from during the offseason.
“I’m getting adjusted to the defense. I’m gonna play hard and I’m going to play my best. That’s all we’re gonna do. We want to win. That’s the main goal, winning.
“It’s behind me. I don’t even remember what I said last week.”
Do you really want us to remind you, Albert?

没有评论:

发表评论